Team for Advanced Flow Simulation and Modeling
For more information:
Mesh Update Methods for Flows with Moving Boundaries and Interfaces
The T*AFSM introduced a number of advanced mesh update methods for computation of moving boundaries and interfaces with the DSD/SST formulation [1-15]. These include the Shear-Slip Mesh Update Method (SSMUM) [6, 8, 10] for flows with objects in fast, linear or rotational relative motion; and the Solid-Extension Mesh Moving Technique (SEMMT) [11, 13-15] for fluid-structure interactions.
1. T.E. Tezduyar, "Stabilized Finite Element Formulations for Incompressible Flow Computations", Advances in Applied Mechanics, 28 (1991) 1-44.
2. T.E. Tezduyar, M. Behr, S. Mittal and J. Liou, "A New Strategy for Finite Element Computations Involving Moving Boundaries and Interfaces--The DSD/ST Procedure: II. Computation of Free-surface Flows, Two-liquid Flows, and Flows with Drifting Cylinders", Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 94 (1992) 353-371.
3. T.E. Tezduyar, M. Behr, S. Mittal and A.A. Johnson "Computation of Unsteady Incompressible Flows with the Stabilized Finite Element Methods--Space-Time Formulations, Iterative Strategies and Massively Parallel Implementations", New Methods in Transient Analysis (eds. P. Smolinski, W.K. Liu, G. Hulbert and K. Tamma), AMD-Vol. 143, ASME, New York (1992) 7-24.
4. T.E. Tezduyar, S. Aliabadi, M. Behr, A. Johnson and S. Mittal, "Parallel Finite Element Computation of 3D Flows", IEEE Computer, October (1993) 27-36.
5. T.E. Tezduyar, S.K. Aliabadi, M. Behr and S. Mittal, "Massively Parallel Finite Element Simulation of Compressible and Incompressible Flows", Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 119 (1994) 157-177.
6. T. Tezduyar, S. Aliabadi, M. Behr, A. Johnson, V. Kalro and M. Litke, "Flow Simulation and High Performance Computing", Computational Mechanics, 18 (1996) 397-412.
7. T. Tezduyar, S. Aliabadi, M. Behr, A. Johnson, V. Kalro and M. Litke, "High Performance Computing Techniques for Flow Simulations", Chapter 10 in Parallel Solution Methods in Computational Mechanics (ed. M. Papadrakakis), John Wiley & Sons (1997) 363-398.
8. T. Tezduyar, "CFD Methods for Three-Dimensional Computation of Complex Flow Problems", Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 81 (1999) 97-116. Also in the Proceedings of the International Workshop on CFD for Wind Climate in Cities, Hayama, Japan (1998).
9. T. Tezduyar and Y. Osawa, "Methods for Parallel Computation of Complex Flow Problems", Parallel Computing, 25 (1999) 2039-2066.
10. Tayfun E. Tezduyar, "Finite Element Methods for Flow Problems with Moving Boundaries and Interfaces", Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, 8 (2001) 83-130; also in Lecture Series on Finite Elements in Fluids, T.E. Tezduyar, University of Tokyo, April-May 2001.
11. T. Tezduyar, "Finite Element Interface-Tracking and Interface-Capturing Techniques for Flows with Moving Boundaries and Interfaces", ASME Paper IMECE2001/HTD-24206, Proceedings of the ASME Symposium on Fluid-Physics and Heat Transfer for Macro- and Micro-Scale Gas-Liquid and Phase-Change Flows, ASME, New York, New York, CD-ROM (2001).
12. K. Stein, T. Tezduyar and R. Benney, "Mesh Moving Techniques for Fluid-Structure Interactions with Large Displacements", to appear in Journal of Applied Mechanics. Rice University MEMS Preprint 2002-018.
13. K. Stein, T. Tezduyar and R. Benney, "Mesh Update with Solid-Extension Mesh Moving Technique", Pre-Conference Proceedings of the Sixth Japan-US International Symposium on Flow Simulation and Modeling, Fukuoka, Japan (2002).
14. K. Stein and T. Tezduyar, "Advanced Mesh Update Techniques for Problems Involving Large Displacements", Proceedings of the Fifth World Congress on Computational Mechanics, Vienna, Austria, Web Site (2002).
15. T. Tezduyar, "Interface-Tracking and Interface-Capturing Techniques for Computation of Moving Boundaries and Interfaces", Proceedings of the Fifth World Congress on Computational Mechanics, Vienna, Austria, Web Site (2002).