- Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I (Mare Nostrum F)
- Barcelona, Spain (in connection with WCCM XI - ECCM V - ECFD VI).
- The hotel is also a part of the venue for WCCM XI - ECCM V - ECFD VI
- Yuri Bazilevs (University of California, San Diego)
- Kenji Takizawa (Waseda University, Tokyo)
- Tayfun Tezduyar (Rice University, Houston)
Group Photo: July 20, 2014
The lectures will focus on the fundamental concepts and advanced topics in computational fluid–structure interaction (FSI). The fundamental concepts will include the stabilized formulations, ALE method and ALE-VMS technique, space–time (ST) method and ST-VMS technique, mesh update methods for flows with moving interfaces, iterative solution techniques and parallel computing concepts, and isogeometric analysis. The advanced topics are the ST computational FSI techniques, ALE-VMS computational FSI techniques, and FSI coupling techniques. The topics to be covered include the core technologies and the special techniques targeting specific classes of problems.
Textbook on Computational FSI
- Computational Fluid–Structure Interaction
- Methods and Applications
- Y. Bazilevs, K. Takizawa and T.E. Tezduyar